POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Trying to animate this a certain way.. : Trying to animate this a certain way.. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Trying to animate this a certain way..
From: Jonb
Date: 5 Jul 2001 21:03:45
Message: <3b450e71$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings all,

First off, I'd like to explain myself a bit if you wouldn't mind.  I have
been an on and off pov user for almost 4 years now.  I've only been viewing
povray.binaries.images/animations so I'm not exactly sure where I should be
posting this on this newsgroup.  I just figured it would be best to post
here...

...Anyways onto the problem I'm having.  Right now I'm trying to rotate a
cube

duh,
box{-1,1 pigment{rgb<1,1,1> rotate 360*y*clock}

..but that doesn't output the right effect I need though.

If you wouldn't mind loading this
http://www.arrant-grimes.com/users/slide/oldteniji/
When the flash is fully loaded, look at the top right.  Notice the way it
rotates in a certain way in the sense the angle on the top of the cube is
always visible?  When I render my code (Posted at the bottom) I end up just
getting a cube that spins around the Y axis, but not in the same was as in
the flash animation.

If anyone would be so kind as to helping me out with the code on controlling
the cube to rotate in that fashion (or camera angle, I'm not sure where the
problem is 100%)

Thanks, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong area hehe.

-Jonb

==========
#include "colors.inc"

camera{
location<0,1,-5>
look_at <0,0,0>
}

light_source{<140,140,-140> color White}

#declare MyCube=
box{-1,1 pigment{White} rotate<-25,35,0>}

object {MyCube rotate 360*y*clock}

background{White}